As social media, content marketing, promotional partnerships and inbound linking continue to increase their share of contribution in search ranking, one thing still holds true…on-page SEO can help or hurt your business.
Besides, who doesn’t love a good checklist? Here are a few tips to get you started…
Primary Keyword – Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
Content with Targeted Keyword Phrases
- You can include keywords in your headings, with the initial heading using your best keyword (s)
- Using only one of each heading (H1-H6) per page will strengthen your SEO
- Always use the primary keyword phrase once in the H1 tag (your H1 tags on pages you are trying to drive unique traffic to)
- Use H2 tags if there are multiple sections
Internal Page Linking with Anchor Text
Make Content Easy to Read
paragraphs should be roughly three sentences long.
- Use bullet points and bolding to break up large blocks of content
- Users tend to scan content looking for keywords
- Do not overuse bullets and bolding