So you want to start a blog and make money online, huh?
Just like starting Unfunnel.com was a great decision for me.
Unfunnel now earns me a full time living at the time of writing this, and has helped over 1 million visitors and counting.
The income from my blog helps fund my travels around the world.
And the products and content that I’ve posted have helped thousands of people find their first niche market, make money online and take back their freedom.
But here’s the thing…
Starting a blog is not as simple as throwing up a few blog posts and hoping for the best…
Well, at least not if you want to start a blog that actually makes money, anyway.
A few years ago, Problogger surveyed his audience about income two years back-to-back. Both years he found most bloggers are not earning income or earning very little.
Another survey, this one of 1,500 ProBlogger readers who said they’re trying to make money by blogging, found that 9% make between $1,000 and $10,000 a month and 4% make over $10,000 a month. But the vast majority makes less than $3.50 per day. (Most of these were blogs less than two years old, though.)
Use this 15-step inbound marketing checklist to make sure you’ve got everything in place before launching your blog:
1) Pick a profitable niche market that you’ve evaluated is in demand and profitable.
2) Choose your blogging platform (or CMS) – we recommended self hosted WordPress.
3) Choose a memorable and branded domain not something generic.
5) Install Google Analytics to track and test your web traffic.
6) Create 3 to 5 pieces of launch content so your visitors have something to read on launch day.
7) Write up 50 potential blog post ideas and work out a content strategy and schedule.
9) Use BuzzSumo to find popular content in your niche and create something bigger and better.
10) Do effective keyword research and sprinkle them into your blog posts so you have some chance of ranking but always write for your readers first.
11) Create images for blog posts or buy stock images to use at the top of each post.
12) Find out where your target audience hangs out online so you know where to get easy traffic boosts.
14) Start networking with others in your niche before you even launch – comment on their blogs, share their content, feature them in posts.
15) Have your email list ready to go from day one and make it the #1 focus of your blog.
Check you’ve carried out all 15 steps BEFORE launching your blog for the best chance of profitability and sustainable blogging success moving forward.
START A BLOG THAT MAKES MONEY