Your startup brand is not about just a logo or stationary. Your brand “pillars” or values should be consistent across everything from your company culture to the messages you put out in your marketing. Think hard about what people need and adapt to that need within the passions and expertise you can offer. Make sure your brand vision is a deep belief in all your employees, if you just have nodding heads, that is not going to move the needle.
Here are some overall tips before you embark on your startup adventure:
1. Customers and people first: Unfunnel.com is about starting with your influencers. Listen. Find out what they need and what your employees want in the brand. Looking at search keywords in your industry can be a great place to start. A collaborative, objective vision will be stronger than just one egotistical maniac’s unfounded idea of what people need.
2. Have a strong tagline: How do you want to be perceived – what is the bare essence of what you do and the value you add to your target audience(s). Keep it simple and in human language. People will be searching for these keywords, not some fancy name you came up with.
3. Establish a clear POV: You need to stick out from your competitors. Do some marketing analysis and instead of trying to fit in, stand out. You can call this a value proposition, or just call it what it is – your point of view. Developing areas of innovation and differentiation will make you unique and set you apart from others.
4. Create a brand culture. Create a vision of how you want to be seen and then build values around this vision and put them into practice. A brand can’t just live in some brand strategy document. Have your employees take part in defining the brand and ideas on how this can be conveyed through the work they do every day.
5. Rinse and Repeat: All communication from advertising, sales and marketing should be aligned with each other. There should be a unified “voice.” This does not mean that there can’t be different people authoring content, but it should all look united and drive towards the same overall business objectives.
6. Manage your brand continuously: Monitor and optimize. Learn from all your mistakes and be open to critical feedback. Listen to your team at the ground level – even if it means you need to switch your focus from what you planned. Nothing is forever. The world is evolving, expect your brand will need to too.
Building your brand is just one of the first steps in the unfunnel methodology.
By subscribing to Unfunnel Pro, you will receive step by step training course that walks you from Inspiring Start Up to Mature Profitable Business in just a few weeks.