Once upon a time, the brainstorm was a good idea…
Creative minds love to brainstorm. Why? Because it feeds your idea with others and makes it better (if you’re half smart).
But once the departmentalization of marketing minds hit in the mid-20th century – the pitfalls of any form of ideation collectives among “creatives” (whatever that is) and “non-creatives” (hopeless dreamers, often) began to outweigh the benefits.
- Account People – labeled as non creative by the objective-absent creatives
- Creatives – labeled a necessary evil by Accounts and Media teams to get the client
- Media – Nobody on this team should speak until the meeting is headed toward placement of the pushiest persona’s idea
Fast forward to earlier today, where United Flush, Inc. – or uFlush as it’s known in the biz – and the leader in digital flow modeling and toilet water logistics… treats us with a lesson in corporate marketing trends.
In Episode 2, we get a very close, in-depth view of the worst synthesis of all marketing mankind…
Strap in, because this episode – based on real life scenarios Erica and I have witnessed countlessly – is jam packed with…
- A meeting lost before it begins – with problem areas falsely seen as revenue growth patterns (corporate marketers and big enterprise charities alike will often “feature” big brand name leaders from a bigger place before arrival – and no explanation as to how they wound up in his or her current role)
- While here, the Enterprise Captain will too often seem to forget about the red numbers under revenue lines, the costs that may be moving with them – if it costs big money to win in the market, it is RARELY, if ever, a big idea
- Political uncomfort caused by a dictactor driving the “brainstorm”
- Her favorite pet – the modern growth hacking up-and-comer who clearly doesn’t know he should never be in this organizational cosmos…ever.
- A mousetrap to bring in multiple apathetic minds for verification of ideas none of them create
- Best of all, the easy solutions and innnovative sparks that either go unrecognized or they get spanked back into the line of Enterprise Sheep-hood. Along with their respective authors.
Enjoy the ride, and don’t forget to subscribe to the uflush web comics – after all, these are the buyers of those products you seldom recognize in your analytics data.
Right here – meet your new challenges as a modern-day entrepreneur or small business startup.
[gravityform id=”2″ name=”GET UFLUSH WEB COMICS – FREE EPISODES BY EMAIL” ajax=”true”]