I think its safe to say that a business succeeds when it identifies a group of people with a problem or desire, and then builds a solution (i.e., a product or service) for which they’re willing to pay.
And as the years pass, technology, marketing channels, and the frameworks for building those businesses are frequently evolving.
However, the key elements – offering solutions for consumer needs/desires has remained the same.
So, with a new year upon us we thought it would be a great idea to put together a list of resolutions to either stay at the top of your game if you’re already a successful business or to help you get there for those just starting out or those needing a marketing strategy boost.
What follows are 5 Resolutions to make for your 2017 inbound marketing strategy:
- Permeate the world of social media like a virus permeates its host. Live there, spread there, stay there. Your consumers live on Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, etc. Much of today’s content consumption happens away from your website and on social platforms.
- Videos are everything – the format of content is changing and you should make it a goal to have at least half of your content in video format. But fear not, you don’t have to have long fancy-schmancy videos. The marketing teams winning the video game today are doing it right on their social media with live feeds.
- Content marketing still remains one of the most effective mediums for reaching an audience of potential consumers. And while it may seem like everything that could possibly be said is already out there, it should always be a priority to foster a unique voice, be connected with and truly understand your audience, and innovate when the opportunity presents itself.
- Automate your buying mechanism – Consumers expect marketing automation, personalization and self-service – an on-demand buying experience. They expect you to remember them, provide impeccable service, and enable them to serve themselves through automation. Failing to do so will send them running to the arms of your competitor.
- Hard work is still the bottom line. No business tool or marketing strategy can take the place of showing up every day and busting your ass.
We still have a few weeks left until the end of the year so don’t let that slow you down. Finish this year off strong. Now is the perfect time to review the past year so that you can start setting goals (such as these awesome resolutions) and implementing a plan for next year.