What The Heck is Social Prospecting?
As an inbound marketer, you already understand the importance of social media as part of your marketing strategy.
With more than one billion monthly active users on Facebook, and over 230 million monthly active users on Twitter, smart marketers know there’s more potential than ever to use social platforms to get their name out there, spread their content, and draw more people to their website.
Hey, it’s your job to make people aware of what your company can offer, right?
So that’s why smart inbound marketers practice social prospecting – the art of scouring the social web, identifying potential prospects for your business, and engaging them to draw them to your site and get those potential prospects to your sales team.
You’ve already got your fans and followers in your social networks. Now it’s time to check out everyone else.
About This Workbook
This social prospecting workbook will teach you the fundamentals of how to listen to social media conversations in order to generate leads for your business.
It’s beyond monitoring keywords.
It’s about engaging people that may or may not know what your business can do for them.
We hope you can use the worksheets to help you get started with social prospecting.
Every worksheet includes:
- Short preparatory work to make the actual prospecting easy
- Visual instructions on how and where to find prospects
- Pro tips that will help you get the best results
- Prescriptions (Marketing Rx) for success
- Take-home exercises for follow-up prospecting
To get started with any one of these worksheets, you’ll need:
- A social profile for that network
- Keyword phrases that people use to find you in search results
- Organic content related to those keyword phrases