So, rather than launching a holiday freebie or a clever thought leadership content twist, we thought it would be more appreciated to show you something lovable. Here’s a list of the most unlovable marketing campaigns and digital duffs in the history of #FAIL.
Mobile Strategy #FAIL – Super 8
While they have fixed the Super 8 mobile website promoted by iLoop – and drilled on MobileMarketingFail.com shortly thereafter, here’s a quick photo breakdown of this epic #FAIL, courtesy of iLoop (now this piece of merger mess – a fail in its own right).
With a long list of lovable duffs, check out the screenshots in the slideshow to see each.
Additional fails not in the SlideShow include…
- Using SMS as a tactic in the modern era
- Choosing iLoop to handle your SMS – or mobile anything
- Mobile site, aye? Not an app? Not responsive design microsite for all screens?
- Video on the Site has a file size bigger than most of your mobile apps
- And it forces a download silently if tapped
Social and Mobile Marketing #FAIL – RadioShack
Think you can just text RadioShack and get the deal they promise you on Facebook – and that’s it? Pssshhh…not WITHOUT being enrolled into a program that has no opt-in and sends you 8 MORE TEXTS A MONTH (with additional fees per message that may apply).
- Soooo many rules broken in this promotion
- Caught trying to change the discount
- Automatic signup for spam in the worst way – SMS
- It’s STILL LIVE – and now does nothing? Awesome…
Social Media #FAIL
In this prize piece of the Facebook Ads Hall of Shame, a dentist promotes his business to Ottawa Senators fans – with their logo? “Clever social marketing tricks that work!” – said no one, ever.
Email Marketing #FAIL
Whoa…how many emails are you going to send me? Make one purchase, get a lifetime of useless content that’s tailored to perfectly to you…
Marketing Strategy #FAIL
What better way to stop the onslaught of competitive growth, while also winning over a healthy-choice audience that hates fried chicken? Well…you give them grilled chicken (that’s even more dangerous to the customer).
Social Promotion #FAIL
Which is your Favorite?
Have a favorite in this list? Feel like we should add a few more to it? Let us know in the comments below…